Friday, April 16, 2010

My Favorite Green Bags!

I don't need to tell you all the alarming facts about plastic grocery bags and their long, long, long lifespan in a land fill.  Basically, we all know they are bad and we should be using green bags instead.  So, now the question is...should you get one of the boring green bags that you can buy for $1 or $2 at your local grocery store?  Who wants to be boring?  There are so many adorable green bags out there for a very reasonable price that aren't in any way boring.  Check out the great selections at http://www.envirosax.com/. Get a cute and trendy bag and shop responsibly.

If you are crafty and want to make your own, there are a lot of great patterns out there.  I made a couple of my own green bags from this Butterick pattern and this McCalls pattern.  Originally, I thought I was going to want a bag that resembled the shape and size of a plastic grocery bag like the Butterick pattern.  I made a bright and colorful floral bag in this shape.  The pattern didn't call for a lining, but I added one in to make it reversible in a coordinating polka dot. So now I have options...floral or dots!! 

But, this isn't the only one I made.  I also tried the pattern with wooden handles from McCalls.  It is longer and wider, so it definitely holds more.  I was concerned it would be awkward to carry and difficult to handle...but I couldn't have been more wrong.  This has quickly become my favorite bag.  I can't believe how much stuff I can get in it!  Basically, anything you can fit in your hand cart at the grocery store will fit in this bag. It is, in my humble opintion, the perfect green bag.

Either way, if you buy one or make one, make sure to take your green bag with you everytime you go to the store.  Any store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails