Thursday, July 8, 2010

T-Shirts + Stuffing = New Bed for Duchess

If you came to my house, you might wonder who really owns the place...me or the dog?  She has more beds, blankets, toys, knick knacks, leashes, etc. than any dog could ever need in a lifetime.  I know I probably go a little overboard when it comes to spoiling her, but how could you say no to a face like this?


(No, this isn't the newest bed.  This one I made back in February out of old beach towels.
I told you she was spoiled.)

So, I continue to find fun and creative ways to make her new accessories and bedding all the time.  My latest project is turning old T-shirts into a new bed for her.  I just recently cleaned out my closet and gave all my unwanted clothes to Goodwill, so I had to go buy used shirts for this project.  Of course, I did go to Goodwill and buy someone elses used shirts...so I am still recycling!  I am not very thrilled with how small it turned out.  I should have been shopping for large men's T-shirts instead of women's.  She is a pretty tall girl and needs more room than this new bed gives her.  But, I guess that just means that she will probably be getting yet another bed in the very near future. 


This is a pretty quick and easy project to do.  All you need is four T-shirts, a bag of stuffing, scissors and a sewing machine.  (Tip: If you have a big dog, don't try to use a tank top like I did.  I really liked the print on this tank and was sure I could make it work, but it was not enough fabric and I ended up having to use a different shirt.)

Cut 2 quarter circles out of each shirt.  You will use one quarter circle on the front and one on the back.  Stitch one quarter circle from each shirt together to make a full circle and then repeat to make the back side.  Sew the front and back together, leaving a small opening to allow for stuffing.  Fill the bed as full as you desire and then stitch the opening closed.

Let the dog check your work....


And he/she will let you know if they approve....


Awww...she barely fits on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails